- Fold the paper in half.
- Draw two circles, one smaller than the other. Both should overlap the fold line and each other (see pattern).
- Cut along the dark line. But don't cut along the fold line.
- Cut out different types of decorations for your paper butterflies. The decorations could be circles, lines, triangles. Glue them on the butterfly's wings in patterns.
- Cut a thin piece of paper for each antennae. Scrap scissors along the paper to curl it.
- Butterfly wings have matching patterns. Use two layers of paper when cutting out decorations to make sure you have matching pieces for both wings.
- Almost any colored paper can be used to make butterflies. The picture shows butterflies made from construction paper.